Benefits of vitamins in the prevention of osteoporosis


Vitamin D is essential for bone metabolism, as it facilitates the absorption of calcium from the digestive tract and its binding to bones.

That said, only 10% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin D comes from our diet. The remaining 90% is made by the skin, under the effect of the sun’s rays. Fatty fish, cheese, and egg yolks are particularly rich in vitamin D. Alongside estrogen deficiency, the lack of sunlight, together with a lack of variation in diet, are significant factors for osteoporosis in menopausal women.
Consult our handy guide to osteoporosis, published by Editions Alpen and specially conceived with the sole aim of informing you.